Friuli Venezia Giulia wines and food tour Itinerary 2 – A range of flavors that awaken the senses
Through its food and wine tradition it is possible to discover the thousand facets of this region. Friuli Venezia Giulia’s dishes express the cooking tradition of far-off cultures. As a consequence, the main characteristic of Friuli Venezia Giulia’s cooking is its extreme variety: world famous cold cuts, fresh and aged cheeses, first courses in which new sensations are experienced and seafood.
In Friuli Venezia Giulia there are eight D.O.C. (Denomination of Controlled Origin) areas that produce 100 million bottles a year: worldwide famous white wines, full-bodied red wines and dessert wines. Wine tourists will be left breathless.
DAY 1: Venice Airport/Trieste (ca. 200 km)
Arrival at Venice Airport. Meet & greet by our local staff. Transfer to Trieste. Welcome drink and relax in your comfortable room. Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight.
DAY 2: Trieste/Miramare Castle/Muggia/Trieste (ca. 100 km)
Buffet breakfast and overnight in hotel. At 09:00 am meet your local guide and visit of the enchanting Park & Castle of Miramare. Lunch free. In the afternoon move to the city centre and walking tour along the Trieste pedestrian zone. At about 19:00 boat excursion to Muggia, a fisherman’s town with venetian tails and dinner in a local restaurant. Return transfer by private coach to Trieste.
DAY 3: Trieste/Postojna Caves (SLO)/Ljubljana (SLO)/San Michele del Carso/Trieste (ca. 300 km)
Buffet breakfast and overnight in hotel. At 09:00 am meet your local guide and full day in Slovenia. We will begin with the Worldwide known Postojna Caves (UNESCO site). Lunch free. In the afternoon we will move to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. While returning to Trieste we will stop in a winery for a wine tasting and dinner at famous Lokanda Devetak. Return to hotel.
DAY 4: Trieste/Koper-Capodistria (SLO)/Piran-Pirano (SLO)Trieste (ca. 200 km)
Buffet breakfast and overnight in hotel. At 09:00 am meet your local guide and excursion to Koper/Capodistria the main Slovenian harbour and Piran/Pirano; both cities have venetian tails and furthermore Piran is the birthtown of the famous violinist Giuseppe Tartini. Lunch free. On the way back to Trieste, we will visit the winery “Sancin” (wine and EVO oil tasting). Dinner in restaurant.
DAY 5: Trieste – Venice Airport (ca. 200 km)
Buffet breakfast. At about 09:30 am meet your local assistant and transfer by private motorcoach to the Outlet Palmanova for shopping. Lunch free. Around 13:00 departure towards Venice Airport in due time for departure flight (if outbound flight is departing before 15:00 the shopping excursion will be cancelled).
|Flight||To be defined|
|Accomodation||Hotel Italia/B.W. San Giusto|
|Price from||740,00 euro person in standard ½ double room|
• Private transfer by motorcoach as indicated in the above program;
• Assistance during airport transfers in/out;
• Accomodation at Hotel Italia/B.W. San Giusto – cat. 3* (official standard) or similar;
• 4 overnights and buffet breakfasts;
• 1 welcome drink in hotel;
• 2 dinner in restaurants in Trieste city centre including ¼ l. of wine and ½ l. mineral water;
• 1 dinner in a fish restaurant in Muggia including ¼ l. of wine and ½ l. mineral water;
• 1 farewell dinner at Lokanda Devetak including ¼ l. of wine and ½ l. mineral water;
• 3 FD local guide as indicated in the above program;
• Entrance fees at Miramare Castle, Postojna Caves;
• Ticket for the boat ride on Delfino Verde;
• 1 wine and EVO oil tasting at Az. Agr. Sancin;
• 1 wine tasting at Az. Agr. Castello di Rubbia;
• All local taxes.
• Incoming/outgoing flights and airport taxes;
• Lunches, beverage if not indicated;
• Personal expenses, tips;
• All things not enlisted above.
EASY NITE will request a price supplement if the number of participants won’t be reached.
Penalties for cancellations:
20% for cancellations up to 30 calendar days before the date of departure;
50% for cancellations from 29 to 14 calendar days before the date of departure;
100% for cancellations from 13 to 0 days prior to departure date.
Warning: Use of undefined constant is_user_logged_id - assumed 'is_user_logged_id' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/vhosts/easynite.eu/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/subway-child/functions.php on line 106